Wednesday, July 30, 2008

ER Run for the Fox Family!



Yesterday I got a call from daycare at about 4pm that Charlie had vomited all over, so I went to pick him up and he got sick three more times that evening. However, the last time he vomited at about 10:30pm he had thrown up a lot of blood, so we called the after hours care line and they said to bring him to the emergency room. My husband said he would just take him since Cameron was already asleep, but I, too, insisted on going with, so we hauled both boys to the St. Elizabeth's ER at 10:45pm. The doctor took some blood tests to make sure everything was OK and we had to wait until we got the results. Fortunately, everything came back normal and we finally got to leave at about 1:30am! Talk about a long evening! Luckily the boys slept in a little bit this morning so I could sleep, too, because I was dead tired! The one good thing about the night was that we ran into one of our old neighbors who is an overnight nurse in the ER there. Her name is Heather and she was pregnant the same time I was with Charlie when we both moved to our neighborhood 5 years ago. She was one of the first people I met when we moved so we all hung out together alot. Unfortunately, they moved after about a year and a half and we've kept in touch but haven't gotten together as much as we'd hoped to. Hopefully when I stay home after the baby we'll find time to get together more. It was great chatting with her while we waited for Charlie's results. She helped make the time go fast! Anyway, all I can say is that I am grateful that Charlie is doing much better today and the next time we go to the ER better be when this baby comes and not for one of my boys again!

2 comments:

Jodee said...

Holy cow! How scary! I hope Charlie is feeling better soon!

Jake and Taryn said...

Wow! That is so scary! I am so glad that Charlie is doing ok and his results came back ok. Like you said, hopefully next time it will be to deliver your baby girl! :)