Monday, November 10, 2008

Goodbye Fulltime Preschool for Charlie, Hello Part-time!


Charlie loves being home with mommy and Sophie!

Now that my maternity leave pay has ended, Charlie started going part time to preschool instead of fulltime. We decided when we had Sophie that we would keep Charlie going fulltime to keep him on his schedule and routine. Since there was so much change with a new baby, we wanted him to still have the consistency of what he knew and give me a chance to develop a schedule and adjust to being home with a new baby, too. Now that my work pay has run out it was time to cut down the daycare expense and instead of Charlie going all day every day, he now only goes to preschool Mon-Wed-Friday from 9am-11:30am which is quite the change for me! Daddy always took him in the morning on his way to work and I didn't have to pick him up until 6pm if I didn't want to. I now realize how good I had it the last two months! Anyway, Sophie is more on a schedule and Charlie is much more adjusted to having her around that I actually am happy to have him here in the day with us now. I think we did the right think by leaving him in fulltime daycare while I got used to a baby again and Charlie got in the swing of things, too. I now feel we are all better adjusted to everything and I am feeling way more in my groove finally! Plus, Charlie is so excited to be at home more with me and Sophie and loves to go with and pick Cameron up from school.

No comments: