Saturday, November 22, 2008

Oh, Christmas Tree!

Our Personalized Christmas Stockings...Had to get Sophia one this year!
Our banister
The tree!

Sophie's first Christmas...she's thinking...wait until next year I'll have my hands into it, too!

Charlie and Cameron loved hanging the ornaments!








We all love the new red lights!


Since the boys have been pestering us for about a week now to put up the Christmas tree, we finally gave in and did it this weekend.  They love, love, love to decorate it and open up all of the boxes of ornaments and remember them from years past.  Our tree is filled with ornaments from when I was little, ones I bought when I was in college and ones our family have collected over the years, so there is lots of meaning to each and every one of them.  So many of them I can remember when I got it or who I got it from.  We now have several from Cameron and Charlie that they have made at school and we carry them over year after year.  It is so fun to see the boys put the ornaments on the tree and talk about them and remember making them.  We changed our lights on our tree this year to red ones (we've always had white ones every year) and we love the new look.  Our tree is very eclectic with tons of different ornaments and none that really match, but that's what makes it our own personal Christmas tree with much tradition of remembering ornaments of past Christmases!

1 comment:

Jodee said...

It looks like you had a blast decorating for Christmas. I love your new stockings and red lights!

We just finished Carson's bedroom so we can move on to decorating for Christmas this week!