Friday, January 2, 2009

Happy New Year!




As I look back on 2008, I reflect on all of the wonderful things that happened last year.  First off,  the first week of 2008 we began to tell everyone that we were expecting baby #3 and it would be due September 1.  Although I was pretty sick most of my pregnancy, I didn't even mind because on April 15 we found out our baby was a GIRL!  I was sooo excited I called everyone right there in the doctor's office and then headed to the mall to buy lots of girls clothes!  We took a few mini vacations throughout the year.  We went to KC twice to see baseball games and go to Worlds of Fun and then to Minnesota in June to see the Yankees vs. the Twins, along with our good friends, the Jaruszewski family.  Towards the end of the summer we pretty much stayed put since I was pretty far in my pregnancy.  The last week of August we attended the State Fair a couple of times and the day after we went the second time to the fair I started having contractions.  On August 26 at 9:52am I delivered my sweet baby girl, Sophia Katherine, which was definitely the highlight of my year!  The holidays were the most relaxing for me for the first time ever, since I no longer work retail!  It was so nice to not have to work the day after Thanksgiving or Christmas for the first time in almost 20 years!  I got to spend more time with all of my family and enjoyed the holidays like never before!  The rest of 2008 was me getting adjusted to a new baby and being a new stay at home mom.  

I look forward to the new year and plan to enjoy every minute of my time with my family.  I realize that I have this great opportunity to be home with my kids and I intend to be the best at my job!  I can't wait to see Cameron and Charlie both play soccer this spring and baseball this summer.  It will be so fun to see Sophie grow so much this next year and interact with her brothers.  We all are looking forward to our family vacation in March to Disneyland that we can hardly wait!  It will be our first family vacation with all five of us!  

Happy New Year to all!

No comments: